Commencement Weekend Frequently Asked Questions
- In case of inclement weather, the Kickback will be hosted in Holmes Hall. Our goal will be to provide as many of the
same offerings as originally planned for the outdoor gathering.
- COVID continues to be a safety concern for which many of us are choosing to make necessary adjustments such as
wearing masks, sanitizing hands, getting vaccinated, and maintaining safe distances. In addition to the
recommendations previously mentioned, CDC suggests participants also consider getting testing prior to attending
any large indoor functions. TCNAA is strongly recommending all participants to plan to follow the guidelines. Should
COVID numbers rise significantly, TCNAA sponsored activities will be virtual. Refunds shall be provided, as
No. There is a modified version offered, however. Dr. Walters will video the State of the College Address and share it on multiple platforms prior to commencement weekend. In addition, she will attend TCNAA General Membership meeting at 8:30 am on Saturday, April 30th and answer any follow up questions or concerns. During the gathering, a special program will be presented where she will bring brief greetings.
- Many of you are familiar with the gathering held on commencement’s Friday night. Since the college is hosting the
Two Rivers Gala on Friday, April 29th, the “Kickback” will give alumni and friends an opportunity to fellowship as
they would at the gathering. Bring your tents, chairs, tables and whatever you need to have a good time. We will reserve covered seating to accommodate our most GOLDEN alumni. Musical entertainment and food trucks will be provided for everyone’s enjoyment.
- Yes, registration helps the committee anticipate how many people will be on campus and to plan appropriately when working with the vendors. Early registration helps to ensure that you receive the merchandise and preferred selections for the ‘LOO Bag. In addition, seating at the banquet is LIMITED so reserving your spot early is encouraged.
- Yes and No. Food trucks will ONLY serve those who present the appropriate pre-registration food ticket before 1:00. After that time, all guests can patronize food trucks as they choose. Prices may vary.
- No, the ‘LOO Bag has a specialized logo for this event and contains (your size) t-shirt, souvenir cup, and sanitizer, packaged in a keepsake bag. ‘LOO Bags MUST be pre-ordered by April 1st to guarantee your selection. It is possible that a few bags are available on-site, but there is not a guarantee that you’ll get what you want.
- However, the college bookstore and I Got It Made Clothing will have Tougaloo merchandise available for purchase at the event.
- Before noon, lets gather near the platform to see the memorial tributes, recognition of lifetime members, greetings from President Walters, and the Four Washingtons. After 1:00, you will want to take a seat and enjoy the soulful hits by Miss Tougaloo ’90, Bridget Hathorn-Shield’s Live Band. Festivities end at 3:30 pm.
- Wearing sneakers to the banquet is optional.
- Depending on space, additional guests are welcome to join the AFTER Party Sneaker Ball from 9:00 until 11:00 pm free.
- Yes, we would love to have you join us for the festivities. The deadline for the banquet is April 15th or until space is filled.