Founders' Week Alumni Sponsored Events
The 9th Annual WATAC Golf-a-Thon, Thursday, October 17, 2019 at Eagle Ridge Golf Course, Hinds Community College, Raymond, MS, to raise serious money for the Tougaloo College general scholarship fund. Sponsored by the Washington, DC Area Chapter, hosted by the Tougaloo Community Chapter.
The TCNAA Membership Database Update and Validation (MDUV-2020) campaign is a TCNAA Membership Committee initiative to update All member’s (Life, Subscribing Life, Annual, Honorary) contact information. TCNAA Membership Committee is asking for your assistance. In order to receive TCNAA election ballots, meeting notices and other communications, members must have a valid mailing address (United States Postal Service –USPS). In order to receive notices via email you must have a valid email address on file with the Association.
There are three ways to update your contact information:
- Via the Association’s secure official website at https://tcnaa.org/member-contact or go to “Update Member Contact Information” on the website navigation menu.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text message to: 769-218-8815
Please provide the following:
- Membership Level
- Class Year
- Email Address
- Phone Number (landline)
- Phone Number (mobile)
- Local Chapter (if one exists in your area)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why does TCNAA need members contact information?
- TCNAA is required by state stature to maintain a list of member’s names and addresses under TItle79; Chapter 11; Section 213 of the Mississippi Nonprofit Corporation Act.
- To send meeting notices and election ballots to its membership.
What happens if I don’t update my contact information?
- You may not receive your election ballot, meeting notices, membership renewal notices or other news of interest from TCNAA.
Why can’t TCNAA get my contact information from the College?
- TCNAA and Tougaloo College are separate legal entities (nonprofit corporations) and cannot share certain information without violating confidentiality or privacy policies.
Does TCNAA share or sell my information to other organizations?
Does TCNAA store my contact information online?
2019 Hall of Fame Honorees
The Tougaloo College National Alumni Association is pleased to announce the following individuals who will be inducted into the 2019 TCNAA Hall of Fame.
This Distinguished Alumni Award represents an attempt by the Tougaloo College National Alumni Association and Tougaloo College to honor and acknowledge supportive alumni who have distinguished themselves in their respective professions.
- Albert Bazar Britton, Jr., MD ’43 – Medicine (Posthumously)
- Carolyn Voncile Walker Henderson ’66 – Business
- Delores Bolden Stamps, Ph.D.’ 68 – Education
- John Veasley, DDS ’79 – Medicine
- Earnestine Willis, MD ’72 – Medicine
Please Congratulate this year’s honorees.
Support the Honorees by
Purchasing an Ad in the Event Ad Journal
Attending the Induction Ceremony
Making a Donation in Honor of the Honorees
Local Tougaloo Alumni Chapters Support Enrollment Management Activities
The Tougaloo Community Chapter provided snacks for the Enrollment Management Open House in June.
President Beverly Williams and Interim Vice President for Enrollment Management, Carolyn Evans.
The Jackson Chapter provided snacks during early student registration, July 9-10.
Jackson Chapter members: Barbara Hilliard, Carolyn Evans(Interim Vice President for Enrollment Management), Chapter President James C. Smith, Doris Bridgeman (Alumni Relations) and Annie Archie. .
Dr. Carmen J. Walters
Tougaloo College’s 14th President
2019 Election Results
Alumni of the Year — Dr. Brigetta K. Turner
Mid-South Regional Representative – Shirley Mass
Midwestern Regional Representative – John S. Williams
Northeastern Regional Representative – Torrance Brown
Southeastern Regional Representative – Dr. Tanya Bartee
Western Regional Representative – Vacant
At-Large Representative – Vacant
Tougaloo Alum Group