President Walters' Statement
Statement in response to COVID-19
- Students will receive instructions about coursework from their faculty. Please continue to monitor your email daily.
Residential students should begin the process of retrieving books and essential items from
their rooms in the residence halls Monday, March 16, 2020 through Wednesday, March
18, 2020. Each residence hall will have set dates and times that students will be able to
come to campus and pick up their essential items and class materials, such as textbooks
and personal computers. These dates are listed below:
- Monday: New Women: 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: A. A. Branch: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Berkshire A & B: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Renner: 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
- Upon entering the residence hall, each student must check-in with a residence hall coordinator or other designated staff with your Tougaloo College student ID.
- Students shall return to campus only for gathering their essentials items and class materials.
- All activities sponsored by Greek Letter organizations and registered student organizations are CANCELLED until April 1st, 2020.
- Student recruiting and admissions in-person events are CANCELLED until further notice.
- Honors Convocation is CANCELLED.
- The decision regarding Spring Baccalaureate and Commencement, other events and activities beyond April 6, 2020 are pending.
- All staff and faculty are expected to report to work as usual, until further notice.
- If you have flu like symptoms (which may include cough, fever, and shortness of breath) or are ill, please notify your immediate supervisor and do not return to campus until you are cleared by a physician. Your supervisor will advise you about working from home or make other arrangements to have your responsibilities covered. li>
- College or grant sponsored (domestic and international) travel is strictly-prohibited, until further notice.
- Travel outside of Mississippi is strongly discouraged. Those that must travel will be expected to self-isolate for the period as determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Mississippi State Department of Health. Tougaloo College Statement in response to COVID-19
- In-person meetings are discouraged, and all essential meetings should be moved to a virtual format, as appropriate.
- Tougaloo College’s facilities will be temporarily unavailable for lease or use for all functions non-essential to the daily operation of the College, until further notice.
- Tougaloo College’s Dining Hall and Bookstore will be temporarily unavailable, until further notice.